Saturday, May 15, 2010

Puffing Billy... Bendigo...My 3-D Masterpiece...

The best train ride I've ever had was on the Puffing Billy. That was one great experience never will I forget. You can literally hang yourself against the railing of the train while it was chugging away. We sat on the railing till our butts ached but it was surely a satisfying one. The wind was chilly not like the wind here... hot and stuffy... like being baked in an oven....The journey was quite a distant thus, we decided to do something silly. It's not everytime that you have the chance to do something silly on a train. We removed our socks and shoes coz' the shoes were kinda heavy and we were afraid that the shoes will fly off if we shake our legs too much... Hehehe... shake it all the way... no flying shoes to be worried about...
Taking photographs... it's not about your face all the time. Use your creative mind... I think we were two nutcases snapping our feet... and look at those lovely tiny yellow flowers...
Our happy feet... let's pose with our feet.... we can do better than that... TaDa~!
X-Men feet....
There are lots more photos... over a hundred... but I'm not gonna post everything up here... they're already in my Facebook photo album...
Bendigo... that's a nice place. You wouldn't believe it if you hear my brother shouting out loud: He drove 2 hours for us to sit on swings... Hahaha.... Bro, I love you for that... love you~! Love you~! Love you~! You're the best brother any sister can ask for....
I love the swing but you won't be able to find me playing on swings in Penang Island. It's kinda embarrasing fighting for the swing set with children. Hahaha... but in another country... I'm not bothered at all... and I was having so much fun swinging for at least half an hour until bro became sleepy looking at us swinging... I'm going to Bendigo just for the swing next time.... hahaha... Bro.. you don't have to drive me there. I'll just get a return train ticket myself...
So here comes my 3-D masterpiece...
There are mostly French knots and also half-stitches. My first time doing French knots and you should see how I tugged and pulled when the knots were forming at unwanted place. This may be the first and last piece of my handiwork with French knots. I loathe French knots as you can't untangle them if there's any mistakes... Mind you I made so many mistakes I was literally scratching my head on how to make them invisible to the eyes.
The swing and yellow flowers on the ground reminded me so much of Puffing Billy and Bendigo. Bro wants me to visit him again... and I can't wait to see him again... more like I can't wait to fly myself off to Melbourne...

No comments: