Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Heart of a Writer...

It just struck me the other day that even when I'm not actually physically sitting down to write, I'm thinking of words. I'm thinking of snippets. Phrases and lines, beginnings of articles, middles of articles, parts of blog pieces, mini-plots, wondering about my past characters and if I can do anything more with them. The problem is I don't have the time to sit down and write all of them. So parts of them stay as ideas of possible pieces that may or may not ever be written. Some of the hang around in my head. Some of them are forgotten, only to be suddenly recalled in other situations. Some of them are jotted down in a notebook, or typed up in a haphazard draft document to be looked at at another time. Unfortunately, a lot of them are forgotten in the oblivion of my mind.
I wish there was a way to get the words in my head out on the page, but it doesn't seem to happen. I've thought of using voice recording on my phone, but it just somehow seems weird. The words in my head don't sound right spoken out loud. For a weird reason, the words in my head sound better in black and white - at least for me. I guess that's why I'm not a speaker.

What makes a writer?

No comments: