Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cross Country Drive...


At the point of time when we were moving, it still haven't sink into my head that we're travelling.A long distance one... to me it is long distant coz I've never driven more than 3 hours. The longest would be to Cameron Highlands, that's it... the traffic scare me in Cameron... it was a bumper-to-bumper going uphill and downhill. 
We left at 5:50 a.m. after my hubby covered us with prayers. Our initial plan was to leave the island at 5:30 a.m. but you know la... anyway, I didn't have to drive yet so I rested as a passenger, tried to sleep but my mind was already wide awake, programmed to drive the windy road later on. 
There's food wherever we go. Judz has a big load of snacks while mi mama made us a container filled with egg sandwiches... my all-time favourite~! I love you mama~! I planned to let Gracie drive for 2 hours while I enjoy the beautiful scenery of Banjaran Titiwangsa. You don't know what's Banjaran Titiwangsa? Go Google... cannot translate everything into English... I'm a Malaysian so I'll keep the names of places in our beautiful Malay Language... BANJARAN TITIWANGSA... 
The hilly part was awesomely beautiful. Too bad my camera was safely strapped in the bag. So, no camera but I have the phone with me... snap snap... but whenever I see a beautiful part, I took up the phone but the beautiful scenery was blocked by some trees and bushes already... Aiya... so in the end, the cousin who doesn't take photos asked me to give up. So, I gave up taking photos along the journey.
Introducing to you the sexy lady... Gracie the first driver who gave up after an hour of driving... hahahah... thank God you have an energetic friend to cover for the next 4 hours.
This is mua... the second driver... and I practice 'safe' driving. I drive 'slow' so unlike the first driver. My heart leaps out whenever she drives... but getting use to it already... so I'm okay with her driving... The sad part of having to drive means I couldn't get to enjoy the view. 
I got to see sunrise for the second time in my whole life. The road was starting to be very windy so I couldn't get to see the mist in the valley, but just the mist ahead of me. We wound down the windscreen and the coolness of the air was so refreshing. I would have hang my hammock there and have a good time there, not bothering whether people are looking or not. Traffic was slow it was just us and a few cars here and there. You gotta drive there yourself but do not drive there at night, the mist would be so thick visibility would be zilch.
The misty road... not to be traveled at midnight...
So, I actually drove from Penang, passing through the Royal Belum Forest Reserve which was kinda beautiful down there, and then while the pigs were all taking a snooze, your truly was driving round and round and up and down passing through Kelantan and finally made it to Kuala Besut, Terengganu in exactly 5 hours.
Driver for hire... muahahahhaa... I'm a good driver with perfect driving skills... I should try F1 racing... one day...

No comments: