Saturday, June 08, 2013

Kuala Sepetang Town...

Go watch fireflies? The last time I watched fireflies was in Kuala Selangor when I was 16. That was really awesome but the only camera was the one using film negative. Now that Juju has thrown a sudden invitation at me and being the crazy sort, I took my whole big family with me. I thought it was just Juju and her son, but suddenly it became a larger group from her cell group. Whoa~! A room happened to be available because someone else pulled out and so we jumped in. It was meant for us to be there. 
We drove there in two cars, the blind-leading-the-blind style of driving. Juju was using Waze as the guide but I ended up leading the way without any apps from the smartphone as I do not have any data plan to make that smartphone alive and talking. And I Googled the wrong destination as well. Hahhahaa... we reached the place with only some slight hiccups. The car was soaked with salt water... car, please don't get rusty... I still need you...
It was the 15th of the Lunar calendar aka the Chinese calendar and since it was the 15th, the tide was high. The sea water flooded part of the road, the only entrance to Kuala Sepetang town. Then, amazingly the little town was flooded as well. It was an annual affair where the flood water would greet them but this year itself, it has happened three times. So, we got the pleasure of sitting in the coffee shop with flood water rushing in. But it subsided after some time as the water was actually receding at that point of time. 
I don't have much expectation of the place as I was just looking for a place to relax. But mind you, I never enjoy driving long distance because that would be more taxing than relaxing. Anyway, the drive was only for an hour and 25 minutes which was okay. I was quite disappointed with the place we were staying in because I thought we would be in some sort of a resort or lovely chalet where I could have a nice view of the sea or the swamp area. 

When you expect the least, you would have an awesome time... 

No comments: