Friday, January 06, 2017

Oz Day 1: Flying Down Under...

~ 6th November 2015 ~
I am not lying. My holiday updates really appear two years later. Oh, well... for this one, it was actually 1.5 years late. I did the 2016 trip to China already because first aunt in China was hurrying me to send her the photos. I wanted to finish up all the photos before the next trip but I doubtfully think that I'll be able to make it. There are just too many photos to look through. I read about the article whether you are a tourist or a traveler. I am both... I don't seem to fit nicely into any category. I can blend in with the locals and make myself comfortable like I've been staying in that particular place all my life.
So, to start off with mi madre and my trip to Down Under, I have booked the morning flight from Penang to Kuala Lumpur to catch our afternoon flight to Melbourne. It was my second time there so I went there armed with my international driving license. The reason why I converted my driving license was because I don't want people to tell me that I can't go to this place or that because there would be transportation problem. Bring me a car, I will solve the problem. I drive anything as long as there are wheels on them.
We had our breakfast at Johnny Rocket. Then, we wasted our time because I decided not to bring any books along, which was a terrible mistake. I cannot sit properly for long, it was real torture. I walked around and saw AirAsia filling up it's belly with food. Pak Nasser's nasi lemak.... *slurp slurp slurp* Mi madre is very hi-tech. Before the trip, mi madre bought a notebook for herself to play with. I can live without a phone but I cannot live without my camera.
The flight to Melbourne was 7 long hours and I only felt like kicking the chair in front of me for the fun of it. For almost 4 hours the view below was that of Gibson Desert. How I know it was Gibson Desert? If you remember very well, in 2009, AirAsiaX flight had screens behind every chair and if you were not watching any movies, you would be looking at the topography map of the flight. Gibson Desert appeared for many hours until I felt like yanking off the screen. 
We arrived at midnight. AirAsia was punctual.... always punctual. Stop saying AirAsia always delay, okay... you just don't have the same favour as I received. Thank you AirAsia for making the flight a wonderful one. 

No comments: