Friday, January 06, 2017

Oz Day 2: Bay of Islands...

~ 7th November 2016 ~
We left the house at 5 a.m. because I was adamant to reach Warrnambool by lunch time. I had to do the driving because the travel buddy has already said that she would not want to drive at such ungodly hours. It was amazing to see the sunrise but I was too busy concentrating on the road that I had no beautiful photos to show.
I asked the piggy to wake up and snap some photos for me but she refused. Instead of driving through the long stretch of Great Ocean Road, we decided to use another route which was shorter. It would take us roughly about 3.5 hours. 
I decided to skip the 12 Apostles and found another place known as the Bay of Islands. I could not find it on Google map now so I wonder how I drafted out our itineraries. I had a good sleep on the plane so I was still quite fresh. Wait till jet lag set in then I would conk off. 
It was really windy with the sea breeze blowing. Cold until we shivered. I was not prepared for the cold because it was the end of spring, beginning of summer. There was no spring and autumn in Melbourne actually, just winter or summer.
As long as there were no tourists anywhere, we were happy. We had some good time enjoying the view of the horizon. It was just a few minutes' stop but I would not list this place down as the place that you should go, neither would I say the 12 Apostles is a must. I have found somewhere else nicer. 

No comments: