One of the great privileges and responsibilities of a Christian is to bring out thoughts into agreement with God's will. A committed Christian wants his life to be strongly established and succeed in God's eyes. To do this, we must daily "Roll our work and activities totally into the Lord's hands and commit everything we think or do, to His will and direction." When we do this, God "causes our thoughts to become agreeable to His will".
To achieve this, one of the most important daily requirements, is our quiet time. How to get the most out of our Bible reading:
- Study it through. Never begin a day without mastering a verse.
- Pray it in. Never leave your Bible until the passage you have studied is a part of your very being.
- Put it down. The thought God gave you, put in the margin of your Bible or in your notebook.
- Work it out. Live the truth you get, through all the hours of the day.
- Pass it on. Seek to tell somebody what you have learned.
~Today I am willing, waiting and wanting to move ahead with God~