Symphony of Hearts
a musical evening with the stars....
31st of August 2009
I just came back from the 'jungle' and I thought I'll be bored to death when suddenly Joanna texted me to tell me she has a few tickets to the concert. From having nothing to do, I had to rush to Juju's house to take the tix and then rushed back to change up then had to be at Equatorial Hotel at 8p.m.
It started with the De Leon Jazz Experience a.k.a Ronald & Sons.
Gabriel Lucas - a violinist, drummer and singer who is only 9 years old
Ronald Vincenzo - a pianist, violinist and saxophonist who is only 11 years old
*Sorry... kinda dark as I was sitting quite far from the stage..*
Next, we have Tan Sri Dr. Sak Cheng Lum, a medical doctor by training and a retired politician.., cool.... oldies... and I enjoyed the song "Ben"...Dato Wira Mohamed Farouk bin Che Ibrahim, Dato' Zainudding Wazir and Mr. Robert Ong.
Mr. Robert Ong was the Penang Elvis back in the 60s. He looks very familiar to me and then viola! We've met each other twice. Once was at the Sg. Pinang Food Court, it was raining heavily thus, he and his wife had to shift indoor so I shared my table with them. Second time was in Greenlane McD.. such a small, small world.
The best part was having Juwita Suwito...
and then Juwita and Patrick Leong's duet...
It was truly a great nite... thanks for the tix Joanna...
This charity concert was in aid of:
- Penang CARE (Penang Christian Association For Relief) by Uncle Chew Wye Hoong
A non-profit social caring organization that seeks to offer diversified community services for people with disabilities.
- House of Hope by Aunty Cheng See E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.houseofhope.com.my A non-profit organization providing physical aid to the underprivileged families living in the Rifle Range area in Ayer Itam, Penang.
- The Hiding Place by Gideon Khoo E-mail: email@example.com A private Christian-based Drug Rehabilitation Centre which was established in 1981 to help drug addicts reform and lead productive lives again.
- The Precious One by Peggy Chan Sew Lian E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org A non-profit welfare prganization which aims to help mentally and physically handicapped children from all walks of life.
- Harvest Centre by Elisha Satvinder E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.harvestcentre.org A non-profit private company limited by guarantee set up to adress various issues in the development of urban poor communities such as Sentul, Kuala Lumpur.
It is more blessed to give than to receive. [Acts 20:35]