Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Junior Youth Retreat...

This is the first time I sent my kids off to a camp. It's the annual JYR for those in the age group of 12 to 15. The three of them are 13. My precious and my youngest will be 'looking after' the other girl. Oh, boy... I'm a total wreck worrying whether they know what time to wake up, what when to change their clothes, have their meals without feeling shy, mix around with new friends, worry whether they have problems communicating with the others, worry whether they will roam around and get themselves lost and appear in the newspapers, worrying whether the mosquitoes will come and bite them, worrying whether they go to the toilet for their daily business. I nag and nag and nag until I have to shut myself up as I think my mom is not as noisy as I am.
When I dropped them off yesterday, I have to trust them that they're going to take care of themselves and look after each other and call me immediately if there is an emergency. I was mesmerized by the beauty of the place that they're staying in. When I attended JYR during my year, we either stayed in apartment, chalet or hotel. Now, they're staying in a bungalow by the sea. I'm so jealous that I have to snap a few photos.
After looking at the water in Sepang, I can make a conclusion that indeed, Penang water is so much cleaner and worth looking at. There's a gate which separates the bungalow from the beach, but the barricade wall on the right side of the gate has disappeared into God knows where. So, the gate does not serve its purpose anymore. Then, again, I worry that they might go out to sea without any one's permission at night and get swallowed by the sea water. Thus, I sound more warnings about what to do and what not to do.
Their answers were,"WE KNOW. WE KNOW. WE KNOW. I KNOW. YALAR. YALAR." How annoying do I sound to them, I wonder...

No comments: