Sunday, November 28, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
and to all the caregivers, teachers, parents and family members of those with special needs...
The road less taken
It's a journey
As the saying goes,"There's always a light at the end of the tunnel."
Life is a challenge
Ours is a challenge even in simple things
Every laughter is accompanied by yours,
The world is evil but ours is not
When things go downhill, do not fret
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
Thursday, November 25, 2010
- My first battle is with my shopping habit. I have tried my best not to buy but with the newly opened 1st Avenue, I can't help it but find myself rummaging through the clothes hanger after hanger. I have a serious shopping problem at home as my wardrobe really couldn't contain anymore clothes and I still have a few clothes left unworn since Chinese New Year. I just love clothes and I can pick from every rack and find the clothes that I like in my size. Now, I try my best not to bring money out while shopping so I won't be spending. It doesn't work that way as I can swipe with my credit card. Buy and pay later. Now, the best plan that I have in mind is buying an article of clothing every week. Maybe first week a pair of trousers or shorts or skirt, get a top on the second week, buy a blouse on the third week and get a dress on the fourth week. If there's a fifth week, buy anything that's on sale.
- Holiday. I still need a holiday. I have already line up one in January to East Malaysia. For my one year one country plan, I'm planning to go to China when Pinky goes back. The sad part is I can't roam the country myself as I'm a banana girl. My brother actually scolded those people who termed me a banana girl. It's so cool to have a protective brother. Actually I felt like screaming at them,"I'm not ashamed being a banana girl as I can speak Chinese no doubt I can't read or write. I'm fluent in English and Bahasa Malaysia. Shame on you who only know how to use broken English and do not master any languages. Not even Chinese~!" Oh, my plan for a cruise... I haven't decide on the day.
- Reading. I've started reading Bible in one year. That's to finish reading the whole Bible in one year but I'm such a lousy finisher, I'm afraid I might puncture after a few days. Don't even mention months, I'll be very happy if I can even follow my own plan to day 3. Usually I can't survive for 3 days. Now, I have so many reading materials. I have books from the church library. I have story books which I just bought but, it's so hard to juggle with reading and stitching.
- Blogging. There's always so many things to write. I haven't write my numbered posts for this week. I'm not even sure what to write at times. I'm not even sure what you readers are looking for in my blog. Does my writing catch any of your interest? I have my Donkey Wisdom blog which I'm not even sure whether to continue them after the 7th bray. There are times when I have so much to write but sometimes, I have such great sense of pity for donkey. All the shoutouts sound more like self-consoling words of a legendary donkey. I'm amazed with myself that I have the guts to call a professor and a great man to many, a donkey. Yes... donkey. If I see the donkey in person, the first thing that will come out of my mouth will be, "Hey, D....~!"
- Cleaning the house. Not everybody is born with the talent to clean the house. It's a gift to keep a house sparkling clean. My plan to restructure the interior of my house seems to take a slow path. Why are there so many books in the house? Where do all those books come from? Papers... papers are everywhere. I just wish they will turn into money. Cleaning takes forever. Today I clean, tomorrow there's dust again. Dust here, dust there.
- Gym session. I'm freezing my gym membership for the month of December. Going for morning jog at the Botanical Garden followed by swimming. The BIGGEST problem is waking up early in the morning. It's school holidays... I don't wanna wake up so early. 8a.m. is just too early, but I have to get my butt up and drive to Botanical Garden. Jogging must start early because I can't swim in the afternoon or else I'll be roasted. I wonder how many layers of skin I have left. The new one is not completely out yet.
- Time... I'm a little freak being punctual. I should follow the Malaysian time regarding time. Which is if you're meeting a person at 8 a.m. you wake up at 8a.m. That's the worst a person can do. I dislike people who are not punctual so I can't be like that. I try to be punctual if not early.
What you do now when you see me posting up video is you stop my mixpod from playing and then click on this play button. I seldom post video in my blog or my facebook so when you see a video in my blog, it is something worth clicking at. Enjoy the movie as in read the wordings...
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
As Christmas is just around the corner... I know... I know... another month but still, I'm already in a Christmas mood. Just wanna share it with everyone around ~
Have a blessed Christmas this year~!
Saturday, November 20, 2010
White Crude Fluorite
Pure uncut diamond
These are the few examples that I can show you. The rest you will just have to contact me if you need any sort of minerals from Malaysia. I can be contacted directly at email@example.com and the procedures for procurement will be conducted profesionally with terms and conditions applied. Everything will be done as private and confidential as it needs to be.
Business is business. Friendship and business do not mix. It is like oil and water which couldn't mix. It's more like cooking. You'll need oil to start off then you can mix water to make the gravy and it will come out wonderful. It will be a long term process to make it wonderful if put together. Trust is the key ingredient. Followed by integrity and honesty.
All scammers and dishonest people.... STAY AWAY~! My God is my boss and He is my advocate. As He says,"Vengeance is mine." and my God does business fairly.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Oh, by the way, I fell down in Golden Palm Tree by the swimming pool so now my knee is itchy as well. I fell in such a manner that you may think I come out from what action movie scene. Karate Kid? Geez... I'm not even sure, but it was sure a rolling fall...
Wish me all the best~! I'm one hopeless case in introducing my own state that's why I ran away to Malacca the other time. I regretted doing that as Malacca was worse than Penang. I shall keep to my state for these few days. Trying my very best...
- Those who are poor without and within. Poor without means they possess little of this world's goods. Poor within means that they are unbelievers, people who have not accepted God's priceless gift of His Son as their Saviour.
- Those who are rich without and rich within. These are individuals who were rich economically and spiritually.
- Those who are poor without and rich within. These individuals have little in the way of possessions, but are born again. We must be careful, howeever, that we aren't measuring what poor means by the standard of our neighbour's possessions.
- Those who are rich without and poor within. The unbelieving plutocrats.
Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming on you. [James 5:1]
- The rich were guilty of hoarding their wealth. Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes. 3 Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days. [James 5:2-3]
- The rich faced doom was because they cheated others. Look! The wages you failed to pay the workers who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty. [James 5:4]
- James rebuked the rich for living a totally selfish lifestyle. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter. [James 5:5]
- The rich were taking advantage of the righteousness. You have condemned and murdered the innocent one, who was not opposing you. [James 5:6]
Woven into the fabric of our passage are four promises of judgment.
- Hoarded riches reap miserable diviends. The dividends are bitterness, cynicism, disappointment and emptiness, to name a few.
- Riches provide no relief in eternity. Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death. [Proverbs 11:4] After we die, God will never ask to look at the balance in our bank account. The only balanace that will matter then is whether the righteousness of Christ has been credited to our account through faith in Him. Those whose accounts show only a negative balance of sin will have to pay the penalty of eternity in hell. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them. [John 3:36]
- The unjust acts of the unsaved are not forgotten. Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire. [Revelations 20:11-15]
- James implies throughout his message that a lack of judgment today does not mean a lack of judgment tomorrow.
The Rich Man and Lazarus
“The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’
“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
“‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’” [Luke 16:19-31]
God's concern is not with actual wealth, but with our attitude towards wealth. God desires for us to possess an attitude of contentment not a constant craving for riches. The Lord is not condemning the rich, but He is judging those who long to be rich.God's counsel is not against people who are wealthy, but against the wrong priorities of the wealthy. Being wealthy has its own peculiar risks and pleasures that twist priorities - becoming conceited and trusting in wealth for a sense of security. The proper priorities are fixing our hope on the Lord and being rich in good works.