Saturday, August 11, 2012

Cake Pops by Amateurs and Professionals...

While the queue in front of Baskin Robbins were starting to form roughly at 7 p.m. on the 8th of August 2012 *don't mind the the date on the photos, I set them wrongly because it wasn't my camera* the kids were looking forward to queue but I remembered the horrible wait at Zul's Burger, so I decided to cancel my plan to wait for just a scoop of FREE ice-cream. Instead, I was starting to make the batter for my cake pops with orange and poppy seed flour. Mama's friend gave us the cake pop tray and the only time I've heard of cake pops was seeing my little nephew did it by rolling the dough in his hands. If I were suppose to roll it in my hands then I definitely won't be doing it. So, thank you Jesus for you know the desire of my heart even before I speak it out loud. 
After 20 minutes, the oven sounded with a loud 'TING' when the timer was off. We were doing Add Maths while waiting and all of us ran to the oven like little children waiting for some surprise goodies from somewhere. I managed to make two rounds of the 18-hole tray. Then, teenagers starting walking in. The hottest place in my house is the kitchen yet it is a place that is always filled with people. We have two honoured guests, Ping Ping and boyfriend, invited them to join in the fun... I have no particular reasons why I invited her over, just felt like doing so :D
That's the result of cake pops complete with decorations, decorated with all sorts of flavoured and coloured melting chocolate and topped with coloured rice, this and that. Everyone was in happy mode until lessons continue...*yyeeeerrrrrr*
Hubby wanted more cake pops. You know, we always don't have enough for ourselves. So, the next day, I did some lemon cake pops but in the end, we also didn't have enough for ourselves. Again, it is far better to give than to receive. The teenagers love it so I freely give them. They are happy, I am happy, too. 
They were begging to come help me in the kitchen but no more playing time. These were done by professionals- me and my eldest. We did mess the kitchen top a little but not as much as the day before. And we open ceremony to the chocolatiere electric chocolate melter... got such phrase or not? 
Nice topping... not as sweet as the previous night's toppings where it was too sugary. I don't really fancy sweet stuff.

2 comments:

Qin Yu said...

May i knw where do u get the lollipop sticks? I would love to do this after reading your post. Thanks much! :)

seahorse27 said...

Hello... the lolli sticks come together in the box with the tray... and they came all the way from the States... and I got it for free from my mom's friend, so I'm sorry I don't know where to get the Lolli sticks but you can try going to De'meters in Jelutong selling cake stuff... if you're from Penang you would have known the place...