Thursday, October 15, 2009

Choices...[64]

He will eat curds and honey when he knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right. But before the boy knows enough to reject the wrong and choose the right, the land of the two kings you dread will be laid waste.
[Isaiah 7:15-16]

All through life we are making choices between what is evil and what is good. Practical choices on health, involving smoking, alcohol and drugs, exercise and food, all involve selective choices. By the way, smoking does not send you to hell, it just makes you smell like you have been there already!

There are a lot of choices we have to make, where the Scriptures don't give us a specific, or black and white answer. Certain social activities, types of entertainment, specific habits and codes of behaviour, and so on. Three excellent check-out questions to ask ourselves, to know whether or not that point or question is good or evil, for not all things are helpful and good.

From Amplified version...

"Everything is permissible for me - allowable and lawful; but not all things are helpful - good for me to do, expedient and profitable, when considered with other things. Everything is lawful for me, but I will not become the slave of anything or be brought under its power." [1 Corinthians 6:12 or 1 Corinthians 10:23] *both verses are the same*

  1. Is it expedient, profitable and wholesome for me spiritually?
  2. Will is enslave me and bring me under its control?
  3. Will it build me up in my spiritual life?
If you answer these questions, I believe you will know the difference between what is evil and what is good, and make the right choices.

~ Change your response to any undesirable conditions in your life ~

No comments: