Wednesday, April 20, 2011

No Sense of Technology...

Mobile phones... I have used them since I was 13. The first that I had was from Motorola. It was so huge you can crack a person's skull with it. The second was from Ericsson without Sony. The third was a Siemens with rubberized water proof body. Then came Nokia, the smallest and the slimmest of all... and that was free. Then, another cute brand which I can't remember. More mobile phones came rolling through my hands. In the end, I find that I only need mobile phones to call people when there's an emergency, phone text-ing among friends if there's anything to say but of course I did send thousands of sms-es once upon a time when I have no cow sense over how expensive text-ing can when accumulated. Now, I'm loyal to my Atom O2 PDA, an obsolete brand and iMobile, a local brand. That white light phone is a smart phone, also a local brand, CSL... not bad I should say. You see, that phone is smart, but when I hold it, I don't feel smart at all. I played with the phone a bit. I signed into Facebook and it took me three miserable times to get my e-mail login and password right. Then, when I was in Facebook, I saw a message in my inbox but I can't seem to get into my inbox. When I'm in my inbox, I can't seem to be able to reply my message. In the end, I logout in frustration. I tried using iPhone before and by the time I finish sending an sms, I feel like throwing the phone against the wall. It took such a long time to send a message and I have to go to 'backspace' so many times because my fingers accidentally pressed on the wrong alphabet.


I have no liking for mobile phones. I don't even like talking on the phone. It burns the ear. Out of so many functions in a phone, I only need the mobile phone to be able to dial out, to receive incoming call, sending sms-es and getting my accounts done in a quick way through Microsoft Excel powered by Windows Mobile. Other than that, I don't need any other functions. I prefer things differently. I use a watch to check the time, a digital camera to snap photos and MP3 to listen to songs. Call me outdated, because I really feel like I'm a little out... I prefer doing things the old way... Electronic dictionaries... I seriously think this is absurd. Why can't they use the thousand pages printed clearly dictionaries? I feel satisfied leafing through the pillow-thick dictionaries to look for words. How many words can they actually download into these small gadgets? I bet they can't even fit in a Kamus Dewan neither do they have the whole of Oxford dictionary in it. And it's mostly in Chinese and I feel so crippled staring at those. They belong to my students. I was holding and staring at it for so long and I have no idea what to press. Hmph~! I wonder whether I can survive in the stone age.... just like the Flinstones...

No comments: