Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Melted in The Heat, Saved by the Rain...

As I stay in the middle of the city, there's hardly any view that's worth staring at for long hours. There are rooftops of buildings, roads, cars and some trees so, the best view will be looking straight ahead at the hills. The colour of the sky tells a thousand stories. I've seen sky without clouds, blue sky covered with white fluffy clouds, dark clouds looming across the sky, the colour of sunset, the sky in pink and the sky when it is pitch black without stars at night. I miss the sky with so many twinkling stars back in Melbourne. When I was small, there used to be stars in this part of the world, but I wonder where the stars have disappeared to... A couple of weeks ago, the sky was covered with heavy dark clouds that looked like they're gonna drop onto the ground at any time. It was so heavy that it sent heavy rain with thunderous boom all over the island. The heavy rain came in the evening right through the nite until the next morning. That brought down the temperature to at least 26 to 27 degree Celsius. When it's raining, that's the best time to curl yourself in the comforter and have a hearty snore. Then, there's the sky when it is best to stay outdoor. But mind you, the weather here is so hot, I would rather stay indoor or soak myself in a pool like a hippopotamus. The weather now is around 32 degree Celsius and I'm melting in the heat. It's so hot and humid that it's rather a miracle that I survive with just the fan, without the air-conditioning in the room as it broke down and I can't find a suitable time to synchronize with the repairman. Work... no, I'm not complaining about my work... I'm delighted that I have a job... but now my Sunday afternoon has been filled up as well. I'm left without time to even sit in the cinema, my one favourite place to hang out. That's the beautiful sunset. The most beautiful sunset that I've seen was when I took time to kill time at the beach. I've not been to the beach for a long time. It took too much of my time to go to the beach. When I looked at the sunset, I was actually hoping for some rain clouds to cool down the temperature. The heat has become unbearable. Global warming? It gets hotter and hotter as the years go by. The afternoon shower didn't help much as it was usually for a few minutes only and it was a trickle of shower with scorching sun.



I want and I need a holiday. There's not even a public holiday in April. I flipped the calendar until it turned upside down but there's not a single day of release. I'm so looking forward to 1st of May where I'm going to spend the whole day at home watching movies or maybe should go out or maybe we should come out with a good plan...

No comments: