Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Along Gurney Drive...

During the public holidays, many will throng the shopping complexes mainly Gurney Plaza and Queensbay Mall. I chose Gurney Plaza as it's nearer to my house. The traffic was congested last Friday so I decided to park by the side of the road. The last time I walked along Gurney Drive was when I was little. I don't enjoy walking around Penang Island as the weather is too unbearable. Well... I decided to walk because I was thinking to myself that if I can walk in other places for more than 8 hours straight why is it that I can't even walk for a few minutes.
It was high tide and the wind was blowing quite strongly plus it was drizzling. Again, I walked without the umbrella as usual. I find it a nuisance to carry an umbrella but instead I was busy with my camera. Our sea water is seriously really dirty. It's dark brown and grey. Rubbish floating all around, name it and you can find it.
Come evening it was low tide. I've never seen this type of beach if you can still call it a beach. When I was small, I used to picnic and ran along the sandy beach. Now, that's the only thing you can call beach.... MUD beach. I wouldn't dare even step on it... any quick sand?
Now, don't look at the mud beach but concentrate on the skyline. Don't you think it's quite beautiful? There's another one...
That's the reflection of sunset. Many people brought their DSLR with them to snap wonderful photos. I think I'm not the only who is crazy about photography. It is really an enjoyable hobby. I have more than 10 000 photos... consider not many....
There are still many people who wants to walk along the long stretch. Can see the sky-touching condominiums that cost millions just to look at the sea view?Why pay so much just to look at the sea? I would prefer to have my house built on the sea itself.. with glass panel as part of the floor... :) I'm a dreamer and I shall dream about it...
There's not much to look at. I get bored with the view in less than 15 minutes. It was quite fascinating to see the tide building up though. It took only 5 minutes to see the water moving in in one direction only.
Are those the mud balls thrown into the sea to save the sea? At first it was like that then when the tide rose, that was my first experience seeing a tide building up. It's totally different from the waves as waves hit the shore and went back and back and forth.

No comments: