Monday, March 07, 2011

A Different Perspective...

“Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.
[Matthew 18:18] I have always known that whatever that's happening now in this world, it has to do with the coming of the Lord. It has never occur to me though that it has to do with Israel. God's Tsunami is one book that has been written in such a way that one will be able to grasp what's happening with the world today and how it is connected to the Bible. It gives an account of how the gospel will move from Asia towards the west, from the east to the west as written in the Bible, and churches are growing in places among ethnic groups of people. We should always remember to pray for the missionaries who are out there. They need prayers more than anything else especially in countries where they persecute Christians like killing chickens. For the first time, I watched a DVD, not a movie but a sermon by Steve Cioccolanti. Living in a country where there is freedom to worship God, I have never once make an effort to understand other religion. I understand about Islam more than Buddhism or Taoism. I have gone through the Taoist way of handling a funeral procession but I have no understanding of any sort to that religion. From this insider's view of Buddhism & Christianity, I learn about Buddhism and after my encounter with a buddhist monk personally, I have two different levels of understanding regarding Buddhism.

I am more than happy to say that I serve the true and living God and I shall never bow down to any other gods other than the Lord, whom I trust and whom I find refuge in. He is my fortress, my shield and rampart.

No comments: