Monday, March 21, 2011

Friday, March the 18th...

The last time I woke up early in the morning was a decade ago, when I had to get up at 5:15 a.m. to catch my school bus which reached around 5:35 a.m. Last Friday, I woke up at 6:15 a.m. to get ready for my big day. Drove down south to fetch my witnesses (I was not going to court, they're witnesses for my big day event)... We were the first couple to reach as the counter opened at 8 a.m. As we were waiting, as usual, we fiddled with our cameras and started taking photos as there weren't many people around. There were suppose to be 10 other couples. All of them came at the same time when we were leaving the building to continue with our 'eating' session... We had 'dim sum' at my place. I can't think of anywhere else to go for 'dim sum' which tasted so delicious and cheap at the same time. I'm not gonna post a blog on this 'dim sum' because it's like giving away my home address to the rest of the world. After having a hearty breakfast, we already made plans about where to go for lunch. SOHO... I passed by this place usually at night. The place will be filled with drunkards at night especially during the weekends. No way am I going to go to this kinda place. Well.. I was there because I trust my best friend's judgment and moreover, my hubby was there with me. Photos... and more photos while waiting for the rest to arrive in another car. It was quite nice sitting outside while looking at the cars passing by. I was about to melt in the sun if they arrive any later. The air in town is definitely polluted with carbon monoxide. Walking into SOHO, the first thing that hit my nose was the leftover smell of cigarettes. We were all third-hand smokers when we entered. The place has dim lighting so at first I thought it was impossible to see what I would be eating until they switched on more lights. Oh.... oh... pool~! At least I have something to do while waiting for the kitchen crew to whip out the delicious English cuisine. They only serve ala-carte... no lunch sets. They used to have them but I think because there weren't many people who go there during lunch hours, they do away with the lunch sets. The last time I played pool was more than 5 years ago. I have always like a game of pool and Gracie and my hubby played with me. It's so great to have a company of lovely friends to do things together. The SOHO penthouse... my first time stepping into a bar. Nah... I don't like the smell at all... just like the bottles... the bottles as decoration. The place is really something that's totally different from places that I've been to. The walls downstairs are full with people's handwritings and signatures to mark their presence in SOHO. I'm definitely going again for the food... not drinks.

The result of waking up early in the morning was I had to suffer a pounding headache for the rest of the day while I was working. The headache pounded until the next day. My bioclock has been programmed to wake myself up at 8:30 a.m. the earliest will be 7:30 a.m. Anything earlier than that... no no... unless it's an emergency then I shall gladly endure the headache once again.

No comments: