Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Wedding Worth Crashing Into...

Now... now... when you're with me, most of the time we will do the unthinkable. Sometimes I don't do it, but encourage others to do it. Most of the times I will be the one setting an example. Good or bad, you will have to judge it for yourself. But who are you to judge me or judge us? These two innocent people. They did the unthinkable. They crashed into some one's wedding. Someone whom they have no idea exist in this world. Wasn't that a wonderful crash? After crashing through the main gate, both of them went crashing on people's table. Then we were asked to find another table as that table cannot be crashed no matter what. Thus, from the front table next to the bride and bridegroom's table, we were led to a table at the back but that proved to be the table with the best view. This is the best view that I meant. We were not in the direction of the bride and bridegroom but we were definitely looking at what we came here for. Food~ Glorious food~! This was a better view compared to the earlier table. Thank goodness for being kicked away from the earlier table. That's the first dish. In every typical Chinese wedding dinner, guests would be served with an 8-course dinner. By the time you're hitting the 6th course, you would be filled to the brim. The first course was known as the four seasons dish. No, I can't elaborate on it. I was too busy eating to remember what was on the platter. But I'm very sure the middle part was deep-fried yam with vegetables. The second dish that never fail to make it's appearance. The authentic shark fin's soup. Shark killer you're accusing me? No, I'm not. They're meant to be eaten even though they were killed in a cruel way. Is there a kinder way to kill an animal? All animals are slaughtered in one cruel way or another. There's no gentle way of killing an animal. Now... now... let's go back to the delicious soup. Pour some vinegar into it. Mix it well and viola~! The best soup ever especially with the sweet crab meat. The third dish.... half of a roasted duck and half of a steamed chicken. Both are my favourite. Seriously very delicious. I have very limited vocabulary in describing food. MMmMMmmMMmm... I was busy chewing on the succulent meat. When it's delicious, you will find no words to describe how delicious they were exactly. The fourth dish was an assortment of mushrooms. From the Chinese mushrooms, to button mushrooms to straw mushrooms and the best part was the authentic strips of abalone. Love it very much~! I'm 100% sure they're authentic abalone strips and not abalone mushroom. I cook abalone mushroom all the time now. The fifth dish... khao yok. That's in Cantonese but I'm not sure whether I spell the correctly or not. It's pork belly with yam pieces in between cooked with dark soy sauce and soy sauce. The sixth dish was steamed fish.... a grouper or a snapper? I just know the Malay name for the fish... ikan siakap. Love this to the max. The best part came when have a whole table to ourselves. Most table with 10 people can't finish their food but the four of us on one table cleaned the whole fish including the bones. We licked everything clean. The seventh dish was prawns and more prawns with prawn crackers on it. There's deep-fried prawns and salad prawns and I finished up most of the prawns. The eighth dish, a cold one, love it~! Honey dew sago. Slurp~! Slurp~! You see, the wedding dinner was not held in the usual environment with air-conditioner. This was held by the beach with zinc roofs and fans. We prayed for good weather and good weather we got. The sea was so calm there wasn't even any breeze blowing by. The fan above our head was not functioning. We were hot like roasted pigs sweating like we've just run a mile. Butts were sweating as well and almost slid off the plastic chair. My legs were dripping with sweat. I don't know how to tell you how hot it was but if it's not for the food, we would have left earlier. That's the honest truth I'm telling you...

No comments: