Monday, June 15, 2009

The Author Knows...


Don’t ever give up

if you still want to try,

don’t ever wipe your tears

if you still want to cry.


Don’t ever settle for an answer

if you still want to know.

Don’t ever say you don’t love him

if you can’t let him go.


You said you didn’t

want to see me get hurt,

so does that mean you closed

your eyes when I cried?


Don’t say we’re

not right for each other,

the way I see it,

we’re not meant for anyone else.


If the truth was told

instead of a lie,

then the pain would go away sooner

and not hurt as much.


It really hurts when you

expected so much more

from the person you once loved so much.


Falling in love is awfully simple,

but falling out of love is simply awful.

I wish I was a kid again,

because skinned knees

are easier to fix than broken hearts.


Often times we say goodbye

to the person we love without wanting to.

Though that doesn’t mean that we’ve

stopped loving them or

we’ve stopped to care.


Sometimes goodbye is a painful way

to say I love you.

If someone you love breaks your heart,

cry a river,build a bridge,and get over it.


It’s like my mind knows what’s right

but my heart is being retarded and still cares

May you know the peace

and comfort this heartfelt thought imparts;

the ones we love are never gone,

for they live within our hearts.


Life without you is like a broken pencil,

there is no point.

Because I never really had you at all,

I didn’t think it would hurt this much to lose you


And now, all that I ever held dear is just a memory.

How can I love again when

I can’t stop loving the one that hurt me so much?


A broken heart is a heart that has felt love.

If tears could build a stairway on memories alone,

I’d walk right up towards you,

and bring your love back again.


Ask me how many times

my heart has been broken

and I will tell you to look in the sky

and count the stars.

No comments: