Monday, June 08, 2009

Penang Turf Club

I've always wanted to go to the equestrien centre to look at galloping horses but no chance of getting near that place. There's this Annual Horse Show... from the word 'annual' how come I've never heard about it. Must be I'm the frog under the coconut tree. I was very excited... more like a five-year-old kid getting her first helium balloon...


No way was I going to walk all the way under the scorching afternoon sun. Didn't have to walk also unless you're too impatient to wait for the shuttle van.
Let's wait patiently. Took me 5 minutes... yeah.. I can't stand still...but consider good enough that I didn't run all the way in. If the sun wasn't that hot, I would have run all the way inside instead of waiting. Now, I was practically grinning from ear to ear when I saw this...

and over-excited when I entered this gate....


Let's go to the stable first and then we shall proceed to the field where the horses are doing their jumps. I don't think I'm a lousy photographer so you should be able to enjoy the nice pics...
Saw something before I went off to the stables... actually saw lots of boring stuff and lots of things which do not have any connection with horses except for these horse ambulance and horse float which can transport nine horses at once.


















Let's head to the stables. Race horses aren't very friendly. They snap at your fingers so can't touch them unless you dare to. I got to pat a pony but oh, boy they stink. Shit non-stop.

This is Portous - the French saddle pony. A Gelding (castrated male horse)..
and a few thoroughbred from Australia... This is Storm also a Thoroughbred...Two sad-looking ponies and another one facing the wall... more like being forced to meet the people..

And another one which was crying and very snappy...


Meet Halimas Jillika, a mare from Arab...


This is Landmark, a Hanoverian Warmblood at the age of 24. It's yawning every two minutes... must be very tired meeting the people three days in a row...

This is Ginger, a Falabella, otherwise known as a registered miniature horse
This one over here is Bella the donkey... still a filly (a female horse under 4 years old)


This tough guy here just got himself into an accident. He needs two pairs of brand new shoes. The vet from Australia checked him out before sending him off to get his new shoes. The vet signed the consent letter for this horsie...
The blacksmiths and a farrier to shoe the horse. It's a long wait as they need to measure him...


Some old horse shoes on display...

There's a Chiropractic Demonstration...


I fall in love with this handsome guy..

Going to the equestrian jumping track now...

Just a few more steps and we'll be reaching...

The level 1 students taking their exam cum performing to the audiences. O Level consists of grooming and cleaning the stable plus learning how to understand and communicate with your horse. That'll be RM500 registration and another RM300 for examination fee after a semester. Level 1 will be horse-riding and jumping the poles. That's gonna cost another RM1 500 plus RM300 as examination fee. The examiners are Australians. I'm very tempted to take up horse riding but then it's a dangerous sport. Drop from that beast then get yourself paralyse. If drop then die on the spot, I won't mind. Will think 'bout it first. Concentrate in the jumping event...

The best jumping pic that I've captured...*snap*

Off to the racing track now...

That's the pavilion o'er there strictly for members only. How to be a member then, may I ask? You need to pay membership fee of RM10 k... just to watch the race in comfort have to pay so much? I shall buy my own horse but I bet it'll be more costly than feeding me alone. *Sigh*
That's about all. I want to go to Floral Fest in Botanical Garden now as it's just along the road. There's performances which had nothing to do with horses but I kinda like the violinists... they're fantastic!

I LOVE THIS PIC MOST!
THE BEAUTY & THE (HANDSOME) BEAST!!
PROPOSING TO ME? AWW...SO SWEET..
*MUACKS*

No comments: