God is in the replacement business. Whenever He indicates something needs to be removed from our lives, He always has a godly replacement for it.
When something is removed and cleansed from your life, unless it is replaced with God's programme and provision a person can end up in a worse situation.
Let's look at the 16 replacement attitudes:
- Live as Christ taught me
You, however, did not come to know Christ that way.
- Live as one who listens and learns from His truths
- Throw off the old, evil nature
- Put on new attitudes and thoughts
- Be constantly changing for the better
- Be a new and different person
- Be holy and good
- Be clothed with this new nature
- Stop lying and tell the truth
- Get anger over with, very quickly [Ephesians 4:26]
- Speak only that which is good, helpful and a blessing to others.
- Be kind
- Be tenderhearted
- Be forgiving
- Follow God and Christ's example
- Be full of love for others
Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus.
Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbour...