Monday, June 14, 2010

God in Singapore with Me...

I was in Singapore for 6 days. That's my second holiday to a foreign land. Well, I started my first in a large city thus, moving around in Singapore was not difficult. I would like to thank Juju for the invite and without her, it won't be that fun... age is no barrier in doing some crazy stuff together...
There's this Captain of SIA who let us bunked in his house. Most of my things were taken care of by him. Fine dining... in less than an hour that I touched down Singapore, all of us were taken to Hyatt Hotel for dinner. Then, Japanese cuisine on the next day. Steamboat in Coca the following day and other hawker food which I was bugging him about because I wanted to taste authentic Singaporean food. I didn't want to dine in expensive restaurants every day... afraid that I would get used to fine dining and do it when I'm back here. I was very well taken care of over there :)
As much as I enjoyed walking because I felt that by walking, I can see more things and more places instead of zooming off on the road and seeing buildings after buildings, I couldn't ask for more. I was driven around the Lion City in a BMW... in a passenger seat... it has been a long time since I sat behind the driver... I'm very used to be sitting behind the steereng wheel...

Even my day at the Universal Studio was paid for by him... truly blessed~! When I started getting 'high' with playing, I totally forget about everything. I ran off without carrying my own stuff... I'm quite used to ppl carrying my stuff for me... *my bad habit* My extremely tired driver was lugging my stuff around the place while I ran wild and empty-handed at the whole place...
This time round, I had a few tour guides... walking... yes~! Finally, I get to walk for hours and hours, hopping onto MRT, hailing for taxis and snapping photos everywhere... Two of my guides love to go shopping so we started from Sun Tech City after church to Singapore Plaza and headed towards Orchard Road. Hhmmm... felt very much like walking around Victoria City which made me miss Melbourne even more...
I enjoyed my last day the most. We walked in the rain. God knows better by controlling the weather. All my 6 days in Singapore, the sky was gloomy. If the sun had been shining, it would be hotter and more humid compared to Penang and I couldn't even survive walking under the hot sun for less than 10 minutes. Walking in the rain was something to be happy about :)


I managed to tick off most of the places that I wanted to visit. No regrets except that I missed walking in the gardens and visiting the zoo.


Singapore Flyer... look at that. We walked all the way there. The lady manning the booth refused to sell me the tickets even when I was holding the cash in my hand. She sold tickets to the visitors standing in front of me but refused to sell me any. Reason given, it was too cloudy to see anything. She asked me to walk around and come back again when the sky has cleared of any rain clouds. I walked towards the office. The staff was selling tickets to other people. Again, they refused to sell me any tickets, giving me the same reason. I was about to yell that they're having double standards. If can sell to others, why can't sell to me? Why?! I didn't yell... I walked away... disappointed to the core and went to Popeye's to have lunch. Sat down quietly and think it through. Fair enough... they were being very honest with me when they said I wouldn't be able to see anything as it was starting to rain heavily after that. I should thank them for their honesty when they could just sell me the tickets to earn money and I know I will scream my head off for not seeing any view of Singapore from up there. God knows better... sometimes it's just me who wanted to make my plans as how I wanted them to be...
All in all, I want to thank everyone who has made my trip a great one.

No comments: