Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Swimming?

Hohoho~! Truth be told... I have never learn how to swim. I almost drowned at the age of 13 at Sunway Lagoon. A stranger rescued me... a real stranger... didn't even manage to catch a glimpse of him.

I came back and then I went to Penang International Sports Arena (PISA). There was this big Olympic size pool and another children's pool where kids learning how to swim. I dipped myself in the pool... watching... and scrutinizing every move. When the kid was just starting to kick in the pool, I was already kicking till the other end and shifted myself to the 3-metre deep pool. The rest of the strokes came naturally.

If people from the olden days did not have any swimming instructors to teach them how to swim yet, they can swim, then why can't I? I can swim as well as others and I'm not afraid of water. I'm not one who will give in to fear... the word 'fear' is NOT in my dictionary...

No comments: