Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Contentment...[147]

You don't meet many contented people today, even amongst Christians. It is an attitude and life style that has to be learnt, regardless of the circumstances. This is not an easy task but it is possible.


Your "I can" and "I will" are more important than your IQ. Determine that you can be content God's way. When you are secure in your faith in Christ, when you know underneath you are the everlasting arms of your God, when you know regardless of what happens that all things are working out for good, then you can know and experience real contentment and rest in the Lord. One of the keys to real contentment is to "be content with what you have got, while you pursue for what you want."

The most important things in life aren't THINGS~!

My most cherished possession I wish I could leave you, is my faith in Jesus Christ, for with Him and nothing else, you can be happy, but without Him, and with all else, you will never be happy. That is real contentment~!
There are godly people who are not content. And there are contented people who are not godly. But combine the two - godliness and contentment - and you have got GREAT GAIN~!

As for me, my contentment is not in wealth, but in seeing You Lord, and knowing that all is well between us.
[Psalm 17:15]

No comments: