Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day...

For many years, I only celebrate Mother's Day. There's no father figure in my life thus, I'm not ashamed to let you know that I can be easily categorized as a problematic child, rebellious at a point of time and manipulative to have my own ways.

As a child, I did not speak to my dad. Afraid of him, I would pretend to be asleep when I was wide awake. I can even stop myself from going to the loo just to stay in bed. I can keep my mouth shut for 24 hours. No words at all even if forced to. I grew up hating little girls who held their dad's hands in public. Hate it coz' I never had that experience. Even hate it when I saw ppl's dad's in school when mine never stepped into my school compound even though I was on stage receiving prizes for every single year. Hate it that I've never experienced going for family trips. Hate him for the language barrier.
It took me 20 years to forgive him and accept him for who he is and accept the unique situation that I'm in and finally, live the life that is in front of me. It's better this way... and I've been celebrating Mother's Day, Father's Day, countless birthdays as I come from a very small yet very large family.

No comments: