Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Going to Lao Jie...

Third day. It was a Saturday so Pinky's mom not working. We had made arrangement earlier with Pinky's uncle to take us around in Hong Kong as he knows Hong Kong very well. We woke up extremely early, took a cab and went to the immigration gate to enter into Hong Kong. We used the new gate so that it would be faster. Faster my ass~!! I couldn't enter into Hong Kong because I did not have multiple entry visa to enter back into mainland China. It was the most devastating moment. Thank God I was quick enough to see that the immigration officer was filling up my departure slip. I was fuming mad thinking about the tour agent which handled my visa for me. Fuming mad I was for not being able to go to Hong Kong and re-enter mainland China. We even went to LuoHu but it couldn't be done because I am a foreigner in that country. After wasting a couple of hours running about, Pinky's mom changed our itinerary just in a matter of a split second. We went for a walk at Lao Jie. Lao Jie is one big place where you can find everything that you want... I mean clothes, shoes and accessories. They have it all at dirt cheap price... but of course you must be a professional price bargainer, if there's such a word. If you have no bargaining skills then just forget about buying anything from there. We were walking around looking at things. I was not in a mood to buy anything. I was still quite upset for creating such a hassle to them both just because of my stupid visa. Lao Jie housed the wholesale market. I guess all the cheap stuff that you can find in morning market, Sunday market and night market are all from there. If not then it must be from another place. There are so many places selling all these stuff but the prices tagged on the items were irrelevant. They will slash the price as low as you can never think of. It's like there's no value to the piece of clothing or the blinks blinks they so many people adore. See, they were all very busy packing their goods to be sent off. I can't stand the place actually. I never hot and stuffy place but I do like cheap and beautiful stuff. In the end, I didn't buy anything because we were heading to another place and we had to go home and packed our bags to stay over in another state. There...there... all the stuff... and you think what you're buying is cheap at the night market? Wait till you see the price at Lao Jie...

No comments: