Thursday, April 12, 2012

Shunde's Sunday Market...

It's just like our morning market.. the only difference was the stretch of stalls were endless. We wheezed passed the morning market in the car for half of the stretch. I have started imagining how tired and how many hours I needed just to finish walking the whole stretch. It came to a junction and I thought Pinky's uncle gonna drove away since I've seen most of the things from the car. I'm not one of the biggest fan for walking around morning markets. Then, to my dismay, he parked his car at one of the curbs and met up with the energetic and lively aunt. We started walking the other stretch and I thought it was gonna be short since we have zoomed off part of it. It was far from over. I think the stalls stretched another mile and I was about to crawl on all fours. They were selling the same stuff or should I say our morning markets are selling everything from China. Clothes. Shoes. Kitchen utensils. Food. Toys. You name it we have it because we import everything from China. I was dragging my feet halfway through. I wanted to ask them when would they be turning back towards the car. I wasn't even interested with the decorative items. Even the locals weren't interested with them. Nobody even went near this stall except for me who snap a photo. I don't even know what kinda food were there selling. Pinky's aunt is just like Pinky's mom and grandma,"Don't buy anything from the roadside. It's unhygienic and unhealthy." So, in the end I didn't get to eat anything from the street. I eat either home-cooked food or dining in expensive restaurants. How blessed I was... counting my blessings :D What was that? Indian muruku? Couldn't be la... so don't know what crunchy and crispy stuff were they selling. Definitely not potato chips. Bee? Insects? Eeeww... that was like so disgusting. There were jars of brewed insects and some of them even get a small cup to try it out before buying the whole bottle. If that's baby cockroach... oh please... I can whack that cockroach with my clogs and then mix it with water then gulp it down... *ack*....

No comments: