Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Was in Guangzhou City...

I was a little bored while waiting for Pinky to get ready. Thus, I was fidgeting around with her iPhone. It was one experience that I almost threw away the phone from the ninth floor. There was no access to my blog. No access to blogger.com. No access to my gmail. No access to my hotmail, when hers can but mine was locked. There wasn't any access to yahoo as well. When I typed on yahoo.com, it would automatically switched to yahoo.cn where all the Chinese characters jumped out of the screen and gave me headache. So, I just put the phone aside and sat staring out of the balcony. While Shunde was an organized small city by its own, the heart of Guangzhou was one big mess. The traffic was intolerable. The mist mix with the dust, the cold and the heat from the vehicles, I don't know how to describe it, but it was really uncomfortable. No wonder Pinky has no love for this city. She couldn't wait to get out of this place and go home, and I was hoping and wishing the same. Just outside Anson's place, it looked kinda easy to hop on a public vehicle. There were so many bus stops along the road. The problem was, we stood at one place, but the bus or taxi either stopped far behind us, or stopped far ahead of us. Both ways, we ran, but by the time we reached the taxi someone has already hopped into it. It was so frustrating and Pinky didn't know which bus to take. There were so many of them and I couldn't even help her because I was Chinese-character-crippled. We decided to take the metro train then. That also we didn't know which station to go to. So, we asked the person-in-charge behind the counter. He was quite helpful and there was no metro train or bus to wherever we were heading to. The only way to get there was to hop on a taxi and that was very very difficult. Most of the taxis that zoomed by us were passenger-filled. No sharing a taxi. We have had no more strength to chase after taxis which stopped far away from us. So, I stood by the side of the road and starting praying. It was only a very short prayer, "Lord, You are in control of everything, whether living or non-living. In Jesus' name, I command that a taxi stopped right in front of us." Lo' and behold, in less than 2 minutes, a taxi came to a screeching halt right in front of us. I thought the taxi was gonna crashed onto the curb and bulldozed us down. We climbed into the taxi and off it went. The congestion of traffic was really bad. It was worse than the traffic in Kuala Lumpur City. Thank God I wasn't a Chinese nationale. Thank God my grandparents took the courage and sailed away to Malaysia.

No comments: