Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Garden...

I was taken to a place that looks like all the houses were gonna crumple into ashes if I were to touch the wall. Then, we stopped at a place with the gates which looked like the doors to the dumpster. Was that for real? Then, we swung the gate open and viola~! It was a complete transformation. It was a private club, from what Pinky translated to me from the outside. In the inside, it was My Garden. The view was fantastic. There were so many people and you have to book a place. Pinky's uncle booked a place earlier. Then, while waiting for the food, we had some time to take a few snapshots of the fantastic place. At some part, it felt like I was in an English garden... or maybe it was decorated with Shanghai taste. I wasn't sure about that but the place was so different from any other places that I've been to. It was so hidden from the public eyes that only the rich and famous would know about this place. It wasn't even on the map. It was a non-existing place yet I was there. We got ourselves a private room, completely away from the rest of the diners. I realize that Pinky's uncles prefer private dining area rather than sitting together with the others. It's just a matter of preference and we could laugh as loud as we like, there wasn't anyone to eavesdrop on our conversations, you can fart all you want and not contaminate other diners' airspace, you can pick your nose, dig your teeth and snort like a pig. The food was amazing. I can't even describe the taste, couldn't imagine what they used in their cooking. Obviously, Shunde has the best cuisine in the world. Was that extra large escargot grilled to perfection? It tasted like escargot as I've tasted it once at Fisherman's Grille but I wasn't sure about this one. Even if I ask for the menu I wouldn't be able to read. So I didn't bother checking or asking, because any languages besides English to discuss the name of sea creatures, I'm of no use to translate or understand them. Therefore, it is best not to ask but just enjoy the food.

There were so many different types of food. I was on cloud nine chewing, munching and swallowing. Even the fish tasted good, really good, the bean curd in soy sauce was delicious and the hot buns with peanuts in them... they were superb. I dislike peanuts on the dishes but I love peanut-filling buns or peanut-filling glutinous balls that I have had in Pinky's house... homemade by her grandma. The roast chicken was so good I almost finished up the whole chicken. Everyone was such a small eater so I did great justice to the food... I polished the plates clean, gave a loud burp, a warm thank you and off we went to another place. Why on earth were we two always rushing to somewhere else? Shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves slowly? Nah... I hadn't much time... if only I could go on a holiday for a month...

No comments: