Monday, May 23, 2011

And I Had a Great Laugh...

My pineapple likes reading as well. She came back from school and asked me to read a book that she has borrowed from her friend. I'm not one who fancies a joke book. Never want to read them unless I have nothing better to do. But since I have a few minutes to spare, I reckoned that it won't do me any harm to flip a page or two of this Ah Beng clean jokes. I prefer thick novels. The first page that I turned to was a disaster. I was laughing so hard I thought my brain's gonna explode. That's really a piece of real joke that gives you a belly of a laughter. I can sit down alone, reading and laughing the whole place down. Of course there are some lame jokes, but all in all, they're really very good. One needs to understand Singapore Hokkien to grasp the full joke. I can't wait to grab hold of other volumes of 'An Ah Beng a day keeps the doctors away' by Ng Wah Lok.

1 comment:

Felix Millowa said...

Read aloud and you'll love the task to help another person like his/her reading.I've done it before, now am crazy for kids' books!