Friday, May 06, 2011

Penang Hill...

There goes our morning walk. Our plan to be fit and healthy by doing our morning walks on Thursdays... well, I have to say that in the first place, since our first time together on Thursdays, there haven't been any morning walk. We were going places, places that we've never been to before, places that are beautiful and we took photos and more photos. There never was any walk. Places of interest are limited in this small little island, so we went up to the hill instead of gardens on the ground. I reached at 8 a.m. on the dot and bought tickets for the funicular train. If you can find my older posts, I did go up on the old funicular tram and that trip took us 30 minutes having to change to another tram in mid-section. This new funicular tram with it's Swiss-made coach is the fastest in the SouthEast Asia. It took us less than 10 minutes to reach the peak of Penang Hill. There's no need to change for a tram in mid station and the mid station has disappeared as well. It was so fast and comfortable with the air-conditioning system. I am a happy holiday-maker on a weekday with such good weather :) To our horror, when we were approaching the hilltop, it was raining cats and dogs. We had no raincoats on neither did we have any umbrella. Everything was dark and gloomy and it was 9:15 a.m. We prayed for the rain to stop and I was so sure that by 10 a.m. the rain would stop. Indeed by 10 a.m. it stopped... Should have asked God to stop the rain earlier maybe around 9:30a.m.? It looked like the clouds' gonna collapse and cover the whole island in no time at all. God is so good, He sent strong wind to blow away the monstrous dark clouds heavily laden with splattering rain drops. While waiting and jumping around, I had my Piggy sandwich. No... no... don't get me wrong... there's no pork in it. Just tuna with mayo and lots and lots of vege.. and it's really delicious because I was hungry and it was raining and I was cold.. Then God decided to say hello to us in His own ways. Rays of sunshine peeking through the unfriendly dark clouds. Blow it away, wind~! It was drizzling a little bit but we started walking with our cameras. I was busy snapping photos with both of my new cameras. I still prefer Kodak compared to Olympus. Olympus has its unique function as well so I have to carry both with me. David Brown Restaurant was still around. Didn't go up there, though. The police station, TM office and post office also intact but where's the clinic? We went to the food court to have some food. Nasi goreng kampung was superb... I was hungry so everything tasted good. A glass of iced Milo. I have lots and lots of Milo in a day. There wasn't any difference. The cannon was still around. Not much to do up there except to enjoy the scenery. Look at that, ain't that beautiful? That's the Penang bridge connecting this island to the mainland. The rest are just buildings after buildings, apartments, super condos and houses. Landed properties that cost a bomb. The Chief Minister, Mr. Lim Guan Eng went up on the funicular train as well. On Wednesday, the tram halted due to some technical problems. It came out in the morning paper of The Star. Thank God I wasn't free on Wednesday. See... told you God is good. In the newspaper report, it was believed that some stray dogs have to do with the tram problem. Oh, hello~!! Dogs destroy tram technically? Does that even make sense? It's not like we have trams on the first day. We've had trams since the day I was still crawling on the floor. Because of such accusation on the stray dogs, the municipal council sent their people to kill the dogs. I thought they use tranquilisers but no, they shot the dogs down. Did anyone witness what the dogs did? Even the Chief Minister didn't believe that the dogs were the culprits to cause such huge problem to the tram until the system has to be brought down to a complete stop. Why blame the dogs when they're defenseless creatures? Why not blame it on the monkeys? Monkeys are more capable in destroying things and monkeys are evil...

No comments: