Sunday, October 01, 2017

Oz Day 13: Sydney Tour at 36°C...

~ 18th November 2015 ~
We did not check the temperature before we leave the house. We just felt that the heat was started to eat up our skin especially in the afternoon. Ah Ching gladly went along with us and be a local tourist cum guide. Our first destination was walking through the Queen Victoria Building. It was one posh place where I think we couldn't afford to have tea there or buy a piece of lingerie. Then again, I don't think we were that poor, we were just being thrifty.
After walking through the building, we headed out to Darling Harbour. I finally got to try the waffle at Lindt situated at Cockle Bay Wharf as it was Waffle Wednesday. Ah Ching has never encounter such good bargain for Lindt waffle. Ahhh... favour upon us. The chocolate drink was top notch according to my taste bud. 
Talk about the Chinese eating everything under the sun... what on earth are these??? Crocodile jerky and kangaroo jerky?!?!?!
Our next touristy stop was the Chinese Garden of Friendship. I just took the photos from the outside because I have seen better gardens in China for free. This one requires a sum of Australian dollars for the upkeep of the place so stingy thrifty us decided not to enter. 
I have never been to Chinatown and there was nothing much except that the streets and shops had Chinese words all over. Not that we know how to read them. It was as foreign as back at home. The Chinese restaurants charged a bomb so well, we can always go home and have all the Chinese food that we want.

Hyde Park arrived next after walking up and down the streets. My tripod was with me and of course, we were quick in taking photos because the sunbeam was barbecueing us to the point that we were charred, not just cooked. 
When I see a stingray, I could only think of stingray curry... ahhh.... I need a fishing rod...
The Domain was around the perimeter of the Royal Botanic Garden. We were looking for Mrs Macquarrie's Chair made of slabs of stones but we couldn't find it. I think I saw it but there was a couple on the chair so well, we ended up sitting on a wooden bench facing the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. I think we have enough of looking at those two iconic structures to realize that we finally made it to Sydney.
The flowers at the Royal Botanic Garden were really beautiful but the sun was just not really friendly. It was getting fiercer by the minute. We had to quickly move on while looking for shady places. There were so many locals jogging at mid-noon. I could never understand the mind of the Australians. It was so hot that they were happily having a picnic in the middle of the field. 
We made our way back to Circulay Quay, got ourselves some coloured cold drinks. I think even if the cold drinks came in rainbow colour, we would gulp them down to cool our body.
I wanted to cook but Ah Ching said it's easier to order online. She ordered Thai food but to my disappointment, the portion was large because there were so much onions and chillies. The chicken meat was too little.

No comments: