Thursday, October 05, 2017

Oz Day 16: The Story of the Spanner Crab[s] Unfold...

~ 21st November 2015 ~
Initially, I only wanted to try the spanner crab that was why we went to Manhattan Fish Market in Queensbay Mall, Penang. That initial plan would have 5 of us sharing one small spanner crab. It didn't happen because of the waiter who refused to let us sit. I would not blame the waiter now. God knows best.
The spanner crab sold at Sydney's Fish Market would go by weight. I felt that I could not afford to buy that. But now, we were back at Deja View Restaurant and we decided to go for the buffet dinner because the travel buddy was also eyeing on the spanner crab~!
We had all the spanner crabs to ourselves. We had so much of them and we were really dirtying the whole place because the shell pieces were flying all over the place. We tried to be really civilized but yet we are Chinese and we prefer using hands. I couldn't imagine using a fork and a knife to eat crabs. I think the waiter must have thought this table was filled with Chinese from the caves. Actually we couldn't be bothered by what others think of us, we were there on a holiday and we have spanner crabs, as many as we wanted.
We did try other stuff. The noodles were good. Everything was perfectly good according to our expensive taste buds. The travel buddy is as picky as I am when it comes to food. That's why we made perfect travel buddies.
Since mi madre and the travel buddy were small eaters, I ended up eating lots and lots of crabs. The travel buddy served me by removing the crab meat and putting them on my plate. Ahhh.... I was truly bless~! You can never imagine how long I waited to eat those crabs. Oh... they tasted like.... crab. We voted for mud crabs and long-legged crabs to top our list. But I was completely satisfied with that dinner. I got what I wanted~!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite reason appeared
to be on the internet the simplest thing to keep in mind of.
I say to you, I definitely get irked even as people think about concerns that
they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as well
as outlined out the whole thing with no need side effect , folks could take a signal.

Will likely be back to get more. Thank you