Monday, October 02, 2017

Oz Day 15: Hello, Gold Coast~!

~ 20th November 2015 ~
Herrowwww, Gold Coast... that's one very long coastal sandy beach but I still do not like sand in my shoes neither do I like walking on sand no matter how soft it is. So, why were we in Gold Coast? The travel buddy wanted the feel of summer, she missed summer very much. She dislikes cold cold weather while I love cold cold weather. Anything for my sister from another country. As long as she's happy, I'm happy, too. 
I can see that the wooden bridge was broken... has it been fixed or it has been removed completely?
Upon arrival, no one greeted us. We know nobody from Gold Coast. So, we had to find our way to our hotel by getting the shuttle service. Got to snap photos along the road because our hotel in Surfers Paradise was up north from the airport. Of course the bus has to use different routes to drop off passengers so we got to enjoy more view without having to walk about. We were the last to go off, ahhh... God's way of taking us around for a good sightseeing. Don't need any day tour. Good aerial view from the plane means no need to spend more on viewing deck.
Our room has really beautiful view. I like both nature and also clean cityscape. The tall buildings were really beautiful but no, I do not like staying in high-rise. I prefer landed property. There's the beachfront markets along Surfers Paradise but by the time we got down there, the traders were packing up. It was only 8p.m. I thought night markets were suppose to last until 10 p.m. We were on sloth-mode to get down because the sunset view from the balcony was too mesmerizing. 
It's okay. It's not like I enjoy night markets. Just wanted to see the difference between the night markets in Malaysia, Taiwan, China and Australia. Since the travel buddy missed it, it's okay for me to miss it also. 

No comments: