Saturday, October 28, 2017

Oz Day 20: Williamstown, Melbourne...

~ 25th November 2015 ~
We took the train towards North Melbourne and got down at the last stop. Williamstown is a very quiet town, a place I would choose to live in if given a choice but at the same time, I will want to choose Glen Waverley where all the Chinese grocery stores are located. 
We walked around a bit, hunting for breakfast. Most restaurants will come to live during dinner time. In the end, we found a really classy place for breakfast at Alexanders. I know we shouldn't splurge on pancakes but it was really good. It's okay to splurge once not too often. 
Then, we went to the information centre to get a map. Got map, can travel. I think I'm good with paper map, not those Google map on the phone.We went to Gem Pier where the wind was howling. It's a marina with boats and yachts parked there. HMAS Castlemaine was parked there as well. Nothing much to see.
We moved on to Point Gellibrand Coastal Heritage Park for a long walk along the coast. The rocks were pure black in colour. It must have something to do with the volcanoes around that area. I'm not geographically inclined to discuss about this matter. Then, we saw the ship carrying containers all the way from China. I think you should think again when you start having negative thoughts about Chinese from China. They are everywhere in Australia and now, the shelves have things Made in China. Just release those milk powder to them properly, don't let them grab for just two cans. They're not really making big bucks from selling those milk powder. If they are, they will appear on newspapers as Australian Milk Powder Tycoon. If I'm to go to Australia again, I'll be helping to grab two cans from each shop. It's not illegal but it's madness. I might think of ways to elope with the Australian milk cow and then figure out how to turn fresh milk into milk powder.
Soon, we were walking towards Cyril Curtain Reserve and continue on along the coast. It was a really nice walk if you're just a visitor. If I'm staying there and working there, I don't think I will be walking along the coast just for the fun of it. Sigh... when you don't have it, you yearn for it. When it's right in front of your ears, you don't even enjoy it.
We went to the Williamstown Botanics Garden before finding our way back to the city. It was overall a nice place. Just go for one time at least. I think I'll prefer night time so I can have seafood dinner after a long, cooling walk.

No comments: