Monday, October 02, 2017

Oz Day 15: Mantra on View Hotel, Gold Coast...

~ 20th November 2015 ~
If you're going to Surfers Paradise in Gold Coast and you're wondering which hotel to choose out of so many, I would say Mantra on View Hotel would be the best choice. There are two reasons why I'm saying this. I'm going to give you the first reason in this post. It's because of the view and the poshness. 
It is expensive but we're on holiday, so let's not look at the price. I paid for the view. I am both a scrooge and a splurge, depending on situation. The moment we walked in, the view from the balcony was breath-taking. My breath was taken away and I could not breathe. The television was dumb, there was no sound coming out of it and we called the room service to send a technician over but who needed a television during a vacation? I was planning to watch Odd-ball. I still want to watch Odd-ball until now.
We caught a glimpse of sunset but some buildings blocked the full view of sunset. Mantra on View has the best location. It's neither facing the east nor the west. The sun would rise from the sea and will set behind the buildings. It's facing the north so no direct heat from the sun. Perfectly beautiful~!! I felt like I was looking at Dubai eventhough I've never been to Dubai. Maybe I'll be there in future.
There's no free Wi-fi in the room. Good move by the hotel management. If you're hook to your phone, there's no point going for a vacation. If there's nowhere to go at night, just sleep earlier or enjoy the night view.
The travel buddy arrived after work and I gave her her deserved rest as she was assigned to pick up our rented car. Stressed her up again unnecessarily. 

No comments: