Sunday, October 15, 2017

Oz Day 18: Box Hill, the China within Melbourne?

~ 23rd November 2015 ~
Later in the evening after the travel buddy and hubby were off from work, they took us out for dinner. Box Hill was a million times better than Chinatown in the city. This place felt like China on it's own, felt like Shenzhen, felt like home.
All along the road, you could see Chinese words which I could not understand at all. That's why it felt like I was in China. When I was in China, I walked blindly but I found my way because I have built-in GPS which God built for me in my head. I recognize no words and after going to China for 3 times, I still could not recognize a single word.
The travel buddy brought us to Grand Taipei Bakery because she has something delicious for me to try. We're such foodie~!
Then, we went to Wong's Kitchen where it felt like in Shunde. They have printed menu with no pictures and they have more plastered on the wall. Even the travel buddy could not really read. She has spent more than half of her life in Australia and I guess being a Chinese from China does not mean you could master the Chinese language.
The food at Wong's Kitchen was good. We had the sticky rice, both our favourite and chicken and prawns and soup and beef. You do not know how much we love steamed fish in soy sauce. It's the best~!
We went to Box Hill Central for a walk after dinner. Actually, we went to grab more cans of baby formulas. I think many of you have read about how the baby formulas flew off the shelves because the Chinese in Australia were helping their countrymen to ship out the baby formulas. Australia should be really proud of their milk products because the Chinese have so much faith in Australian milk products as they are nutritious and safe for their babies. Milk formulas in China cost a bomb and the authenticity of the milk powder is questionable. You're not even sure whether the milk comes from the cow or it comes from test tubes. The moment I landed in Australia, the next day itself, I have gone into different stores to grab milk formulas. We did not steal. We paid for them in full. If I have access to more milk formulas, I would have use a forklift to cart all those boxes away but usually the limit was 2 cans for each person. I know what they are doing has caused the price of milk powder to double. I saw it with my own eyes how the price doubled on the day we had to leave the country. 
Oh, I saw Nene Chicken when I was in Korea earlier this year. I did not realize that I have taken this photo two years ago. I'm going to try Nene Chicken in Korea during my second visit soon.

Seriously, Box Hill is way better than Chinatown. And there's one more place which is even better than Box Hill.

No comments: