Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Mexican Albondigas... MEATBALLS~!

This time round. It's done to perfection. I didn't miss out any ingredients. Followed to the dot everything that's in the list. I have difficulties following anything in the exact order. It will drive me crazy. Things that are too rigid gives me pressure. I'm a carefree person... floating around. See, I actually have the whole week's menu printed out. Highlighted the main ingredients and also some stuff that I don't have in my shelf. Got them all, spices and piece or stick of plants and roots including those in powder form or liquid substances. I seriously read those recipes word for word. But... in the end, I added more to suit our Penangnite taste. We are really serious with taste. If I follow 100%, I bet it will be bland and I'll be the one crying at the end of it. So, I know better since I've been cooking for so many years, we, Malaysians and particularly Penang islanders love food that's thick and heavy with pepper, salt, sugar... we want everything more. Ahh... my measuring equipments. 1 cup of this.. 1/8 tablespoon of that... 1/2 cup of this... but in the end, I plopped in everything according to my cow sense. I multiplied everything by a few times... I'm cooking a bigger pot of everything so I have no choice but to do some improvisation. You see, I need to prepare my own chicken stock so for the first time in my life, instead of using the instant Maggi chicken stock, I prepared original chicken stock with carrots and onions. And I did that yesterday nite. I was cutting carrots at 1 a.m. to put everything into the slowcooker to let it boil until the next morning. Hhmmm.... that smell... if I'm using pork it will smell sweeter and nicer. But... no pork in the house. Yummy... my first time rolling my own meatballs... Ingredients for the meatball but I added some oyster sauce and sesame oil into the marinade. In that way, the meatballs tasted better. Ta-da~! My very own Albondigas soup... from my own kitchen and not from any restaurants. I'm so proud of myself :D The one which I used minced meat tasted better than the ones made of minced chicken...

1 comment:

davidz tablet said...

So so so deli......cious.... yum....meeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Delicious cooking