Sunday, August 28, 2011

Logos Hope...

The largest floating bookshop is here in town. Berthed at Swettenham Pier from the 25th of August to the 25th of September. That's Logo's Hope. I have been waiting for it since it should open to the public on the 19th of August. But due to some 'technical problem', it was not to be so. The vision of Logos Hope is to bring knowledge, help and hope to the people around the world. Even though the weather here has not been very friendly for the past few days, there were still many visitors to the ship. The condition of the bookstore was better compared to Doulos which was quite hot and narrow. I was seeing stars after looking at so many books in neat rows of shelves. I was so excited with the CDs and books, especially devotional books which I can't get it anywhere in the bookstores on land. Moreover, the price of the books are really cheap. As the ship is travelling from one country to another, it's hard to put a price tag with the local currency on all the books. Thus, they are using the unit system of 100 units for RM8 which is really really cheap. Most books range around 200 units to 400 units. Of course there are Bibles which cost around 1500 units which my pineapple insisted on wanting it... I do not know what words to use to express my excitement to find so many books in a ship. It's overwhelming. I'm going again to grab more books to fill up my shelf. So far I've bought RM630 of books. It's kinda shocking as I grabbed every book that I wanted from the shelves and put them into a basket. I've seriously not seen those books anywhere in the market so I must have them. I don't know when Logos Hope will berth at this port again so I don't want to take the risk.

No comments: