Saturday, August 06, 2011

Penang's #5 Street Food...

BAH KUT TEH...

How can you disagree with me if I were to tell you that to have a claypot of boiling bah kut teh is better than fine dining in the most exquisite restaurant? The aroma of herbs and the sweetness of boiling every part of the pig in one big pot is just so mouth watering. I can have countless number of meatballs and a long stretch of three layer pork. It's may be oily and disgusting to sink your mouth in the layers of fat, but trust me eating it once in awhile will not kill you. My advice to those who wants to try out making your own bah kut teh is, don't get the mix ingredients from the hypermarkets or any departmental store, you will not get the best taste. Go to the nearest Chinese medicated hall as they prepare the best ingredients for bah kut teh. You'll slurp the soup until the bowl is totally empty. Now... now... bah kut teh tangoes with yam rice at such a tempo that without yam rice, you might miss the beat. Usually, I'll pour my plate of yam rice with bak kut teh until it's flooded. That's how I like having it with meatballs and three layer pork. This is a MUST to have whenever you're in Penang or when you miss Penang, prepare this yourself if you're really so far away from home and you find a craving for Bah Kut Teh all of the sudden...

No comments: