Monday, November 11, 2013

Revo Tour 2013: Pray --> Listen --> Obey

Loud. Alive. That's definitely REVO... being greeted by thunderous cheer. Make the spirit feels alive instead of walking into a big place where you have your handshake by one or two people. But for this you have your hands hi-five-d~! The concourse of D'Piazza Mall was quite a big place and since the kids were volunteers, we got really good spot in front. 

Eh, do you all know the meaning of this REVO tour or REVO party? REVO is in short of Revolution of Love in action... Did I get it right? Hhhmmm.... I don't know... REVO was started by 1 person. A simple act to make a difference in school. Who says a teenager can't change the world? That simple act is spreading like wild fire right until now. 
The opening was almost the same as last year's... dance and more dances. Appealing to the younger generation but maybe some people might not find it spiritual. I'm okay with anything except for some of the worldly songs used for the dances. I will not criticize about the dance move as I'm not one who dance. Worship was wonderful. Also might not appeal to those who are hymn-lovers and could not accept the fast numbers.

Ps. Kenneth was the speaker. A really hilarious message, a simple yet power-packed message. It was really simple... about... 

The Rich and the Kingdom of God

16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”
The young man has a vision in life. He wanted eternal life.

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.” 
18 “Which ones?” he inquired.
I'm not pretty sure about this part. Voices? The young man must have heard the voice that has driven him towards his vision. He wanted an eternal life and he knew the right person to ask about it... that's Jesus.

Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[c] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’[d]
20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”
The values. All the good values that he has kept but there is something bigger than all those moral values...

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”
22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.
Which one do you value more? It's kinda direct here... Jesus or worldly wealth. Many will come to this crossroad and some might choose to throw everything away and take up the cross. The young man walked away because he had great wealth. Maybe it's easier to be poor or easier to live in life that's just nice where you have enough to eat and enough of everything. You don't have the extra but you have what you need. 

I'm writing this according to what I understand. I don't have the habit of writing and listening at the same time. I might mess up and throw everything away. There is one disturbing trend though. The two young ladies in front of us were so busy uploading photos and scrolling through their Instagram and Facebook. I'm really disgusted with this kinda stuff when it comes to sermon time. Okay... I know I sound very old now... but at least have some respect for God since you have no respect for the speaker. Multitasking? I'm the queen of multitasking until I finally realize that you may hear the preacher but are you seriously listening? I have even mastered the art of sleeping with my eyes open. Cam-whoring before it started was okay but to the extent of checking for the number of likes every single second? Let your old self die.... 
YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR HEART,
GOD WILL NOT CHANGE YOUR MIND.
BUT, IF YOU CHANGE YOUR THOUGHTS,
HE WILL CHANGE YOUR HEART.

PS. Those who have tasted the goodness of the Lord, will never walk away even in time of a rough storm and bleak day. My Jesus will carry me through in all circumstances... I'm not saying I'm a holier-than-thou person... I do complain and I do argue with God and I do distant myself from Him at times and probably hurt Him countless times with my razor-sharp tongue and my stubbornness. 

No comments: