Friday, November 15, 2013

The View - The Satisfaction - The Pubic Hair...

Good morning Mr. Sun.... you're burning hot...
It's Thursday. I have sacrificed two of my Thursdays.... one for swimming in the kitchen and another for searing my hand on the 200-degree Celsius tray. Our last minute plan was made the night before. I had to wake up at such ungodly hours, at 6:30a.m. to beat the traffic. Traffic starts to grow the size of a python or longer when the clock strikes 8a.m. You'll have to drive up and down like me to know which road to use and not to use at what time. The Jelutong Expressway started to crawl like a snail at 8:15a.m. so lazy me managed to speed through by 8a.m. 
The modern see-saw.... I prefer the old one which was higher...
Our morning walk from the old places like Air Itam dam, Botanic Garden, the Metropolitan Park and the Bukit Dumbar dam have changed over a year. Today we had a walk along the Straits Quay. Of course we didn't start straight with a walk We have to warm up first, remember... like what you were taught in school. We were on the see-saw... I like the see-saw and who says we're too old to play? It's not written there for children only. It's just a playground for us to play. And who says we're too old to play? Never too old for anything :D If you think you are old then too bad for you.
Why can we never have cool wind blowing?
And then there's my favourite swing. Higher and higher. It's so wonderful. And then there were the dogs. Should have brought the four Schnauzers then all of us can walk a dog each. There were two Schnauzers at the park. One of the Schnauzers, Mojo, was sexually attracted to Gracie's leg thus, he went over and started humping Gracie's leg. What a pervert and rude little doggie~!!
The little dog that raped Gracie's leg... poor leg... poor dog...


I want this... one day... 
I did our short morning walk. It was kinda hot but I have my camera to fidget around with. Whenever I have my camera with me, there wasn't much exercise to do. My index finger did more than any part of the body. I love snapping photos and I can snap a thousand photos a day. Then, I saw tiny ripples coming in huge circles in the sea. I've seen those along the Gurney Drive see and I knew there were fishes. Then, I called mi mama to take a look and lo' and behold the fishes started skipping on the water. Must be mudskippers? I didn't snap those because I was busy staring at those skipping fishes and then they just stopped and I was searching for the next ripples. It was all along the coastal line. Very interesting. I can stare into the water for hours if I have the time. 
Sparkling diamonds in the water... from Mr. Sun...
It was too early to have lunch so we went over to Island Plaza. Not my territory and we were at Coffee Journey. Me no like coffee at all so I had my iced dark chocolate which tasted like fake Milo.. you'll know what kinda taste that was if you have had the chance to try out fake Milo or you've never heard about fake Milo? But we had a good time... snapping photos... again.... we're really good cam-whorers.
Time to relax...
A Christmas tree of books...
Now, it's time for lunch so we drove back to Straits Quay... walking around aimlessly as Bella Marino had some kitchen trouble... all the Christmasy decorations were already up. I was kinda attracted to the Christmas tree where books were stacked up to form the look of Christmas tree. Bella Marino opened at 12pm and it felt like they took forever to prepare our lunch.
From Bella Marino...
Frankly speaking, the food was so-so only... nothing to shout about. Not worth going I would say but Judz wanted to treat me to Tiramisu. Heard that the Tiramisu was really nice but I'm still not a coffee lover.
The Tiramisu with pubic hair... 
The Tiramisu tasted not bad until I started digging into the bottom layer with bitter coffee. Gracie was suppose to wallop the bottom part while I savour the top layer covered with cocoa powder. I was busy digging into the really melt-in-the-mouth cake until I saw something wriggled out. It was a strand of hair... a strand of pubic hair? Don't tell me you don't know how does a pubic hair look like when you see one. It was totally disgusting and I forget to take a photo of that but instead I was calling the waiter over. Both our Tiramisu were on the house but the first experience of having Tiramisu has been tarnished by that one strand of pubic hair...

My eldest, a chef-in-training, got back from work and I was asking her how did pubic hair or armpit hair entered into the bottom layer of a cake. We were brainstorming about this issue and we came out with a couple of weird but might happen scenarios:

  • The chef must have lots of armpit hair and it so happened that the particular strand chose to fall out of the sleeve and went straight into the cake while making the layers... possible? I don't know... 
  • The chef had a sudden itch in his crotch and accidentally pull out a strand and shook it off from his hand without realizing it and it just happened to fall into the cake? Utterly disgusting... hey you never know what happen in the kitchen.
  • We totally have no idea.... ignorance is bliss.... don't bother to think about this or else you might be digging into your Tiramisu when eating ... I just know what I won't be able to enjoy Tiramisu anymore without thinking about pubic hair... I might want to dig into every millimeters of a cake to be sure that there's no hair inside.
I had a really great time with the Awesome Foursome gang minus the crazy doc who was busy treating patients at the hospital while we were busy walking, talking, snapping photos, drinking... sounds so wrong here... and eating...

Anyway, I don't know what happen to my diet plan today. I ordered saffron-infused rice with prawns and clams from Bella Marino. Trust me... that's the only thing worth ordering on the menu. The rest were just too over-priced and too mainstream. I would want something different... something which I totally have no idea how to do it. But the pubic hair was kinda worth it as the Tiramisu was paid for... hahhahahaa....Hey, don't get the idea that we purposely plant the hair there, I wouldn't be that crazy to pull out a strand from down below in a restaurant and stuff it inside... and my armpit has been shaven clean... it's hairless... muahahhaha....
Oh, I did 20 rounds of cycling in 45 minutes around the field... if only you have seen the size of the field. The only thing that stops me from continuing was the pain in the ass. It was totally numb and then it started to drizzle... must be God saying enough for today's self-torture. And we had Dominos pizza for dinner coz one of the boys got 1st in class and in the whole form and it was a reward to him and a cheat to me.
After looking at all those over-priced food, I have the urge to reopen my kitchen and upgrade our daily menu to several notches higher. I think I'm able to do it if I'm not that lazy with those garnishing. Why need to decorate the food on the platter when they're all going into the mouth? I realize that food decoration gives one a really good first impression. Taste-wise... hahhahaha.... there might be a trick to it... your face either light up like a Christmas tree or your face crumpled like the paper waiting to be tossed into the rubbish bin. I'll decide whether to reopen the kitchen or not... it's not in my tradition to cook during the school holidays.

No comments: