Thursday, November 21, 2013

Yen's Kitchen: Orange Love... Cheesy and Chocolate y Love...

It's another kitchen crew's birthday. Cheesecake has been requested. No... me not baking... told ya' kitchen's close until next year. Ask the new baker to do it... not the chef~! My precious did it at such ease it looked like she has been baking for her whole life. I think I'm really good in barking out orders, in full details. 
Orange love... 
I was thinking maybe the usual cheesecake, the really simple one but frankly speaking, I wouldn't want to make something I've done before. Not knowing that my precious has the same thought. She pointed it out then since we have eaten that before then no point doing it again. Totally agree~! So we X-ed out even the chocolate cheesecake coz' I've done it last year... twice and my eldest has been baking cheesecakes a few months back, so we're not that keen to swallow another normal cheesecake. We opted for the marble cheesecake. Looks easy. It is really easy, okay...
Happy birthday sweetie... my signature style of gripping a knife...
Same thing, I'm in charge of decorating the cake. I already have a rough idea of how it should be thanks to Zoe who has a craving for jelly on the cheesecake, which I did last year. So killing two birds with one stone, I smartly topped the marble cheesecake with orange jelly. Orange jelly is my favourite. Now I'm smart... anything that I don't like to eat, I will not make. I like orange jelly... so that should be it. 
The cake ain't hard... we just like everything BIG...
There were heart-shaped chocolate pieces in between the jelly layer. I wouldn't make something as plain as boring. So, you see, there are some things that money can't buy. This is done with lots of love. Eh, you want to do it yourself? Go ahead... I don't mind... not that I'm sharing recipes... you don't need one... just go on and Google for the recipes.
The awesome marble cheesecake... with orange jelly... 
Happy birthday sweetie... and they had a good game of carrom men. Seems like the house can be turned into a gym and also a games house. By the way,.the cake was really awesome and the combination of orange jelly with the cheesecake... beyond words... indescribable~!

No comments: