Sunday, September 18, 2016

From JB to Malacca...

Whee~! We did the unthinkable. I didn't figure out how to get to Malacca. I just wanted to take the bus but I had no idea where the bus station was and I had no idea at what time the bus would leave. It's like from Kuala Lumpur to Penang, you just go to the bus station and get your tickets *but I have never done that in my life because I have no guts*. 
We did just that. We asked the driver to drop us at the bus station and we went to the counter to buy the tickets. There were so many papers and boards plastered on the counter that nothing important would catch your eyes. After we bought the tickets only we realized there would be a senior citizen discount but nothing could be done. Lousy people~! Never want to tell us. 
I couldn't remember how long we waited for the bus. I think we slept all the way through that's why I have not even a piece of photo along the journey and I couldn't even tell whether the journey was good or bad. But we arrived safely at Melaka Sentral. The first time I was there, I took a taxi with Pinky to A'Famosa Resort but this time round, I could still remember that the taxi wanted to charge us RM40 from Melaka Sentral to Jonker Street.

Two years ago, I couldn't even find Jonker Street on Google Map. So, I had to look for Jalan Hang Jebat. I wanted to know what time would the public bus take us to the train station for the day after next. While searching for the public bus, I found the public bus to Jonker Street and the total was less than RM5. I left the taxi driver waiting. I'm sorry until today because I ended up as the customer who lied, left and never came back.
I have booked a place at Tang's House Hotel because it was the cheapest and it was at Jonker Street. But from where the bus left us by the roadside near the Dutch Square, that made Tang's House Hotel to be situated right at the end of the road. We arrived at noon and the sun was exactly above our head and we almost fainted walking along the street with our luggage. We ended up rolling on the bed before we roamed the street. We were hungry that's why we left the air-conditioned room. 

No comments: