Monday, September 19, 2016

Jonker Walk Stop #2: San Shu Gong...

This is the famous place where tourists stopped for the durian cendol and also to buy all sorts of Chinese biscuits plus some modern Chinese biscuits. Excuse my English, I don't know how to describe some Chinese biscuits with additional dried fruits here and there. It was too complicated to savour thus, I did not buy any. I'm not a fan of biscuits and I only eat a certain selection of cookies. I don't like anything that got stuck in the teeth.
I'm also not a fan of cendol but it seemed like an unwritten code where one should stop by San Shu Gong to have the expensive durian cendol. It's like coming to Penang to have a bowl of Penang Teochew cendol by the road side. And instead of getting your Chinese biscuits from some other places, San Shu Gong has everything under one roof. So, it won't be like in Penang where you go to Penang Road to have your cendol then you have to search for Ghee Hiang, Him Heang or whatever Heang to buy your Chinese snacks.
There's another shop which funnily sells Penang Chinese biscuits and some from Kampar. Aiyo... in Malacca leh... 

No comments: