Thursday, September 29, 2016

♡ Penang Island ♡ Chin's Stylish Chinese Cuisine ❀

Whenever you visit Penang, you only have Penang's hawker food and the heritage trail in your list of to-do's. Maybe you throw in a few more activities such as strolling on the sandy beach of Batu Ferringhi or chill out in of the quaint and dainty cafe. Since you're doing the Heritage Trail already, and you even have Chew Jetty in your list, why not walk along the road towards the pier?
Walk in or you can book a place at Chin's Sylish Chinese Cuisine. It was my second time there. The first time I stumbled upon this place was because of the still traffic and I decided to park the car instead of waiting in a non-moving queue of vehicles. It was a bad thunderstorm rolling into the island and we were glad to be inside this stylish restaurant but mind you, I was doing gardening when I had to drive out to fetch my precious from her hang out with friends. I have no intention to get down from the car as I was sweaty, in faded shorts and t-shirt and wearing my old flip flops. The moment I stepped into the restaurant, I knew that the foreigner washing dishes in the kitchen wore more appropriate than I did. 
So, for the second time, we dressed properly to tango along with the interior design. Do you know that I do not like reading the menu? But this menu over here was not too bad, with pictures. I have seen menu that I needed 30 minutes to study the minute printing without pictures and with spelling errors.
I have seen how food bloggers wrote about this place. The number of awards won in London and so much more. I'm not going into the history of this restaurant. I just knew that the food was extremely good and I did not care about the price. 
We ordered a wood-fire pizza from QEII because it smelt really great but taste wise, hhmmmmm.... no.
The interior design of the restaurant was really worthy to be photographed. The painted plates were my favourite. That was the first thing I saw when I first stepped into the restaurant. The moment I saw those painted plates, I almost ran out because I knew it's an expensive place to dine in. Thank God the first time I had my credit cards with me. Sometimes, I carry nothing out of the house.

No comments: