Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Malacca City Stop #6: A Famosa Fort...

I don't know what to write about this place. It's just a small fort and it has become a must-see spot. It's like if you don't come here, then you've not really seen Malacca. It's an iconic ruins, just like you can't be in Penang if you say that you have never see KOMTAR during your maiden visit to Penang Island. 
Whatever's left standing of the building was touched up here and there or else it might collapse. But the bricks used then could withstand all sort of weather. The bricks used now in expensive buildings will collapse faster.
PS. I'm a terrible tour guide. If I need to be a tour guide in Malacca, I will just drop tourists off the main entrance and I'll give them 30 minutes before I leave them stranded at the old ruins.

No comments: