Thursday, September 29, 2016

♡ Penang Island ♡ Odeon Cinema Turned Cafe ❀

No more a cinema. It's a new place to dine in. Western cuisine which you can't find in Western countries. Yeah, I only learned about how we have Western food such as chicken chop but this chicken chop cannot be found in Australia, Canada or America. Asians coined it up to trick Asians into thinking that the westerners eat chicken chop.
So, we went to Odeon to look-see look-see at the new place. Inner-city trouble means looking for a parking lot. I was about to turn into one but upon looking at the price which was RM5 for the first 45 minutes and RM5 for each subsequent 30 minutes, I stepped on the brake and hit the reverse gear. The car behind was very understanding and let me do the unthinkable. Thank you ya... Drove into the next lane, Jalan Datuk Koyah or whatever weird name, and found free parking because it was Malaysia Day. 
It was quite a full house. We placed or order and mine came. Surprisingly, the food was stone cold. There were so cold I thought the food was prepared early in the morning and left on the table to be cooled by the air-cond. The tea was cold. The tea cup was hot but the tea was cold. Sugar was added without consent. 3 out of 5 dishes arrived but the other 2 dishes came 45 minutes and an hour later. We have all the time in the world be we were not happy thus, we complained. We complained about everything until the waitress thought we were Singaporeans. 
Finally, my friends recognized the owner and we invited him to sit with us. Then, I poured out the sad experience of dining in his restaurant. If I were to take a few steps away from myself, I think I was one horrible patron. Cold food, cold tea, slow service, only one chef in the kitchen how to operate a full house, orders placed in the wrong bill? Bla... bla... blaa.....
No, I'm not saying that one should not go to Odeon... the taste of the food was explicit. It was perfect according to my taste buds just that it was cold. I'm accustomed to piping hot food fresh out from the wok and oven. The owner shared with us the problems he was facing. Thumbs up to the man. When you start a business, everything on paper looked perfect. Once you run the business, you will find lots of hiccups with not much water to rectify the hiccups. To all food bloggers who are in for a kill, wait for awhile before going in to try it out and write up a champion article that might kill off a business, this one should be lifted up instead of running it over.
I'll go again soon when I have nothing to cook. All the best in making this place stay on the map!

No comments: