Monday, February 21, 2011

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

F.R.I.E.N.D.S.: (F)ight for you. (R)espect you. (I)nvolve you. (E)ncourage you. (N)eed you. (D)eserve you and (S)tand by you.
To experience all of that, I will boldly say that not everyone has the opportunity to go through all that with a friend. I, on the other hand, have been blessed beyond words when I have gone through all those with not only one friend but a handful of friends. What more can a person ask for in this life? Cheers~! This is my bestest friend. Forget about English grammar for a moment. The word 'best' can only be used by one person and best is already the superlative for good. So what other word to be used to describe better than best? I have more than one but I still regard them as my best friend. This is Juju... my travel buddy, my eating pal, the person my camera is attracted to in both assets and liabilities. She is more than what the acronym of friends stand for. To put into words, I don't think my vocabulary is wide enough to describe how great is she as a friend. *giving you a big wet sloppy kiss*Ahh... introducing the accidental friend from the neighbouring badminton court. Eventually, I shifted to her court and we become movie buddies, camera-crazy buddies, sms-pal and small little outing yuppies. No doubt we've known each other for a short time, we became instant best friends. She's simply being herself... that's Judz... *hugs* Oh, Gracie... Gracie... she comes like the wind. Dropped down from heaven and before I know it, we're friends. Anything in common? There must be something in common. Movie freaks? Music? Clothes? Oh... oh... I know... we both love our freedom and not being tied down with office hours. We're our own bosses... God is so good, I know you'll agree on that~! The lesser the working hours, the better. How I wish we can be lady of leisure like Judz. My bunny... no face shown... privacy. He's everything I'm not. I'm a tornado while he's a calm wind. I'm a popping jack-in-the-box while he's the statue of Liberty. He holds on to me while I have to hang on to him while rocking the boat at the same time. I rock the boat all the time while he's the anchor of the boat.
Indeed, they fought for me in my darkest hours. All of them fought for me when I was about to drown due to my own mistakes *shedding tears* I won't know what to do without any of you. Through the incident, I've known who my real friends really are and nothing I can say or do will be able to show how much all of you mean to me. No words from the dictionary can describe how much impact all of you have put in my life.
Respect. I don't know what to say about this part. I think all of you respect the way I choose to live my life. On the other hand, I respect whatever thoughts you have on me.
Involve me. Yes, I totally feel accepted. Acceptance is a better word just that there's no letter 'A' in 'friends'.
Encourage. Double yes *nodding my head furiously* I've never really know how to encourage a person until I've seen how all of you encouraged me with words of wisdom and I'm totally encouraged. Completely amazed by how fabulous and fantastic encouragers all of you are. *triple hugs*
Need me. :) I already feel highly accepted and deeply encouraged.
Deserve me. To go deeper into this, I feel that I don't deserve any of you. I'm so blessed to have everyone of you as my friends.
Stand by me. Experienced that. Through thick and thin. Happy times and my worst moment in life, you are all by my side, holding me up in prayers are better than anything else in the world. Not to forget, my best pal since I was 14 but she left me for Singapore when she was 15. Our friendship is still as strong as it used to be. My down-to-earth friend. I've never met anyone like her at our age. She's wise beyond her age. Have to learn it from her. Love you, AYGC~! *Squeal~!* I've known her at the age of 7. We became really good friends when we were 10. 20 years of friendship. Oh, no... sound so old.... but we're still young. We'll never run out of topic to talk about. I'm glad we meet up on your short trip back here.
P.S. Thank you Donkey for letting me 'steal' your shoutout. You would have been an awesome friend yourself if you have stayed on.

No comments: