Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Penang is Green...

I've always introduce Penang as a food haven. A place where you can expand your waistline and bring damage to your weighing scales. Or other than that, you can burn a huge hole in your pocket after doing some frenzy shopping in all our shopping malls. Those are the only two things that I can think of at the mention of Penang Island. Now, I have a different view of my own sweet and lovely hometown. Penang is certified green. The thick lush greenery can't be more satisfying. The entire are of Botanical Garden gives you a feeling that you're in another country. A feel of autumn minus the chilly wind of course. The shades by the humongous trees really give you a natural umbrella shade. The wind is quite cooling at some point of time. Just enjoy having a leisure walk. A jog will be good for the pumping heart, too. I choose photography instead of exercising. If you don't really like walking on flat land with some steep part, you can head down to Youth Park which is just a few minutes drive away from the Botanical Garden. Hiking on jungle trail :) and then the great scenery from the top. It will take you breath away. Such mesmerizing view. I can just sit there on the rocks and stare into the open view shaded by the clouds. The Metropolitan Park has a good view too although the place is rather small. :) I feel like I'm in another country. Let me think of Melbourne when bro was driving through the jungle to get to the 12 Apostles. I will never forget that. Never in my life will I ever forget that. There are small zones to walk around where they plant fruit trees. The fruit trees are just starting to grow. Maybe in another few years it will start to bear fruits. From the map on the board, I thought I'll be walking half of Penang Island until I saw such small zoning areas. Takes less than 3 minutes to finish one round. Then you can rest. Well... that's the best way to rest on a table. I can't think of any better way to rest. Hiking again this weekend and also Thursday morning. Yippee~!

No comments: